skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This past week has been a crazy whirlwind and I am SO thankful it is over. I use this blog for a journal so this post is LONG!! It started early Tuesday morning-I have been having pain on my right ovary for MONTHS now and I usually can control it with a couple of IBU800-but the pain kept getting worse. I called my Dr. who wanted to send me in for an ultra sound-my appointment was for Wednesday afternoon. Fine. Then, as the night wore on the pain got worse, then unbearable. I finally fell asleep around 11-11:30 that night but then woke up suddenly around 1:00am with horrible pains-worse than ever. I walked into the kitchen to get a couple of IBU's and started crying it hurt so bad!! Adam came in and said you are going to the ER right now-I said no I can make it-maybe a bath will help-NOPE it didn't!! Off to the ER I went-let me say the ER at the new hospital is AMAZING-this is the second time we have had to use it (we went in when Koda's pneumonia came back a few months ago) and they are wonderful there! The doctors and nurses are super nice and want to help you in anyway that they can! I got right in and they took my blood, hooked me up to an IV started pumping me full of meds, and called the Ultrasound Tech (she lived in Hurricane so they said it could take awhile for her to get here). When she finally got there she wheeled me back to the US room (you could tell she was NOT happy to be there) I said sorry I had to pull you out of bed-she just looked at me!! OH MY!! So anyway I start watching the screen as she is typing "Top of UT side UT Long UT" and so on. I said excuse me does UT stand for uterus? She said yes (like I am an idiot) to which I respond I don't have a uterus! Hello if you would have looked at my chart, or listened to the ER Dr. say she had a hysterectomy in December you would know that! Anyway I had an almost 5cm-about the size of a plum-cysts on my right ovary (which is what we thought it would be, I have always had them-just not SO big and painful) so they pumped me with even more pain meds and sent A to the pharmacy for an armful of other meds! A few loopy days later I felt fine! I go in for another ultrasound in a few weeks to see if the cyst has gone down in size-I am keeping my fingers crossed! On to better news....
Jdog had a big match play tournament this past week. He played Wed. moved on, played Thurs. and moved on, then lost on Friday. He, as I have said before, has blown us away with his golfing this year! Being his first year and competing with kids who were a year older then him, he has really held his own! Way to go Big Dog! Good luck tomorrow in your Pro Am!!
Those that know Bailia know what a handful she is. But this past week she has been a HUGE help so I had to THANK her big time (with an American Girl doll) for being such a big helper while I was sick. She cleaned the whole house for me and took care of everything! She has never wanted to play with dolls but when the AG magazine came and she said she REALLY wanted Mia for her birthday (in Sept.) since she looked just like her-I got it for her and gave it to her for a nice THANK YOU for all of your help gift!
1 comments:
Oh Marcia I wish I would have known I could have helped in some way...aren't you grateful for daughters though. They seem to step in just in time when you need it the most and you definately have one darling girl!
Ashley
Post a Comment